Club notice on Coronavirus precautions
The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a respiratory virus that continues to evolve and requires daily assessment of advice from the WA Department of Health. The wellbeing of our members and staff is our primary focus.
HYC is undertaking steps to protect both its members and staff during this rapidly changing situation and will provide updates as information is made available and compliment the WA Department of Health who provide a daily snapshot on their website.
Regular updates and self-assessment are a vital part of maintaining a safe environment for our members, staff and your family.
10 MARCH 2020
Members and staff should not attend HYC if they have:
- Recently returned from overseas and have been advised by authorities to self-quarantine
- Have symptoms of fever, cough, headaches, sore throat or difficulty in breathing and:
- Have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days OR
- Are a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case OR
- Believe you may have been in close contact with a person infected with COVID-19
Follow these simple guidelines provided by the WA Department of Health
We encourage you to:
- Avoid the Club if you appear to have acute respiratory illness symptoms (cough, shortness of breath)
- Practice good hygiene by regularly washing your hands with soap or hand sanitiser
- Refrain from touching your mouth and nose
- Avoid anyone if you, or they have cold or flu-like symptoms
- Undergo early flu-shots
Fred Gere, Commodore HYC