The Management Committee of the Hillarys Yacht Club have established the following policy for all Members and their Guests as well as visitors to our club.
Safety is of the highest priority at HYC.
HYC will comply with all directions from authorised public health officers and recognised medical authorities in relation to the Coronavirus, and as far as possible plan for and make advance preparations for the possibility that our operations may be affected.
WHAT WE WILL DO
As the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared Coronavirus a pandemic, HYC has put in place the following measures to minimise any harm to you from the COVID-19:
- All staff including cleaners are more regularly cleaning high touch point areas including items such as bar areas, stair rails, door handles, table tops and bathroom facilities.
- Members & staff exhibiting flu like symptoms will not be permitted to remain at work.
- We have provided and will continue to provide up to date notices of steps to be taken by members and staff to reduce the possibility of infection.
- We encourage all members and staff to frequently wash their hands and if and where possible provide alcohol-based sanitisers for convenience.
- Members and staff are required to self-isolate for 14 days when returning from overseas travel.
- Staff involved in food preparation are required to wear gloves at all times.
- All table cloths are to be removed from all tables used to consume food.
- All table are to remain cleared at all times with cleaning prior to and after each occupancy.
- Cutlery will be delivered with meals by staff.
- Increased used of gloves by all service staff.
- All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter HYC.
- All persons who experience or show signs of flu like symptoms are not to enter HYC which may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
- Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises.
- Members and staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members, guests and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
- Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave the club.
In addition, our club will:
- Support employees, volunteers, contractors and members and their guests to take reasonable precautions to prevent infection or contagion.
- Maintain its services and operations throughout this period of concern unless otherwise instructed by relevant government authorities.
- Look at alternative ways that the Club may be able to provide home delivery of food and beverages.
- Maintain a presence at HYC 7 days a week and include jetty walks to conduct visual checks of vessels.
- Provide the ability to work from home for employees that can undertake their duties in that manner.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
How you can assist:
- We ask for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality-based community hub for all people of our community to enjoy.
- Anyone arriving in Western Australia from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days. Penalties of up to $50,000 will apply for breaching this requirement.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and anyone else.
- Do not shake hands with others. You can still acknowledge each other by using alternate methods.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you are unwell please seek medical advice promptly and follow the directions of your local health authority.
- Make sure you follow good hygiene, and encourage others to do the same. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and disposing of used tissues immediately.
- Use the hand sanitisers or hand washing facilities available throughout the club.
- Keep up to date on the latest hotspots (local areas where the pandemic or epidemic is spreading widely).
- Please apply these same precautions to any guests you may be planning to bring with you to HYC.
- We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of WA Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus.
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people. The Premier announced on 16th March 2020 that “the medical advice preventing non-essential, organised gatherings of 500 or more people from going ahead will be enforced. This is for static indoor and outdoor events.”
This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations.
While all Australians are encouraged to exercise personal responsibility for social distancing, there are no current restrictions recommended on attending other settings, such as shopping centres, or using public transport.
For HYC organised gatherings with fewer than 500 attendees, we will:
- Remind attendees and staff not to attend if they are feeling unwell
- Remind attendees and staff not to attend if they have travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- Ensure emergency management practices are up to date
- Brief staff on how to practise good hygiene and make it easy for staff and attendees to practise good hygiene
- Have adequate hand washing facilities available
Following are some resources to help you keep up to date with this pandemic:
- Trusted Information Sharing Network (TISN) for Critical Infrastructure Resilience: Template Pandemic Emergency Management Plan
- Coronavirus information hotline – 1800 020 080
- https://www.healthywa.wa.gov.au/coronavirus www.health.gov.au/covid19-travellers www.health.gov.au/covid19-resources
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 information and advice from government. Our members and their guests and our employees’ safety remain our top priority.
We thank you for your cooperation during this time of worldwide concern.