The Club now has received updated information from the WA Government in relation to the COVID19 restrictions that will be in place from 12.01 am Saturday 1 May, through until 12.01 am Saturday 8 May. Therefore, the following restrictions will be in place from tomorrow until 12.01 am Saturday 1 May:
- Masks must continue to be worn indoors at the Club, and only worn outdoors where physical distancing is not possible
- HYC is required to operate at 75% capacity or apply the 2sqm rule (whichever is greater) – staff will be managing this as appropriate.
A reminder also that the COVID19 Restrictions that have been in place this week continue through until midnight tonight.
As advised in previous Member communication earlier this week, it’s important to also note that Club has recently encountered some significant staffing turnover in the Kitchen which also will now have some minor impact on operations over the next 7 days. These following changes to Kitchen / Food operations are necessary in addition to the COVID19 restrictions noted above:
- Monday 3 May – Kitchen trading as normal
- Tuesday 4 May – Kitchen closed as normal
- Wednesday 5 May – Kitchen closed as normal
- Thursday 6 May – Kitchen closed for full menu (lunch) however some snack items will be made available
- Friday 7 May – Kitchen trading as normal for the Marina Room Restaurant (lunch and dinner), the Wet Bar will be closed for food orders from 6 pm and no snack items will be available in the Members Bar
- Saturday 8 May – Kitchen trading as normal for the Marina Room Restaurant (lunch and dinner), the Wet Bar trading as normal and no snack items will be available in the Members Bar
- Sunday 9 May – the Club’s Mother’s Day event as advertised being the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner buffet will continue as normal however the Kitchen will be closed for the regular Sunday menu but some snack items will be made available.
In regard to the staffing issues, we have seen our Head Chef Pablo Henke and Sous Chef Trent Willmott resign their employment recently. The Club is delighted to announce that the Head Chef role is now filled by Michael Vaughan who has significant experience in the Club industry. We look forward to welcoming Michael officially on board at HYC from 10 May, however given our staff shortages next week, Michael has agreed to work where he is available to fill some of the critical service periods for the Club along with the engagement of some temporary contract labour where possible. A formal introduction of Michael will occur in due course.
Please note the Bar Trading hours remain unchanged for the following 7 days.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation over the next week.