National Power Boat Handling
This course is designed to improve your boat handling skills and knowledge in the ocean including confined areas such as marinas, and in swells and waves. You will also learn more about engines and types of craft. Plus you’ll practice navigation techniques on a passage.
- Navigation techniques
- Engines types and craft types
- Trim, stability ,controls and effects of steering and propellers
- Swells and Waves
- Low speed and high speed maneuvres
- Trip preparation
- Mooring, Anchoring, Towing
- Safety and Emergencies, Distress Signals and Obligations
At the completion of the course you will receive a certificate from Yachting Australia.
- WA Recreational Skippers Ticket
- Pre reading of the National Powerboating Workbook. This book must be collected from HYC Reception after registering for the course and MUST be completed before the start of the course.
Club Members: $200 | Non-Members: $230
Upcoming Power Boat Handling Courses
Courses are scheduled based on registered interest. To register your interest please email our Training Department.
|AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT REGISTRATIONS|
To make a course booking, please use the ‘Book Now’ button to register. This will take you to our Australian Sailing (AS) course registration page. Australian Sailing is the national body for the sport of sailing and Hillarys Yacht Club is a registered Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre.
You will need to know the Australian Sailing (AS) number of the sailor participating in the course in order to register or you can create a profile for a new sailor. This profile and number become a unique identifier and stores course information for future reference which can be accessed by yourself and your registered club. It is important that the AS number is created for the person doing the course with their own name and details as this number stays with them for their lifetime journey in sailing.