National Power Boat Handling
This course is designed to improve your boat handling skills and knowledge in the ocean including confined areas such as marinas, and in swells and waves. You will also learn more about engines and types of craft. Plus you’ll practice navigation techniques on a passage.
- Navigation techniques
- Engines types and craft types
- Trim, stability ,controls and effects of steering and propellers
- Swells and Waves
- Low speed and high speed maneuvres
- Trip preparation
- Mooring, Anchoring, Towing
- Safety and Emergencies, Distress Signals and Obligations
At the completion of the course you will receive a certificate from Yachting Australia.
- WA Recreational Skippers Ticket
- Pre reading of the National Powerboating Workbook. This book must be collected from HYC Reception after registering for the course and MUST be completed before the start of the course.
Club Members: $200 | Non-Members: $230
Upcoming Power Boat Handling Courses
Courses are scheduled based on registered interest. To register your interest please email our Training Department.