Safety Boat Operator
This course provides the skills needed to support water based activities at clubs, schools and outdoor recreation centres. You will learn about race design and practice on water rescue of dinghies and multihulls.
You’ll learn about:
- Personal equipment
- Safety boats and equipment
- Course design and management
- Positioning craft
- Communication with other boats and shore
- Lay and recover marker buoys
- Rig multiple towing and towing alongside
- Fragile high performance boat towing
- Right capsized and inverted dinghies
- Recovering persons in water
- WA Recreational Skipper’s Ticket
- Pre reading of the National Powerboating Work Book
- Completed the Powerboat Handling Course
Upcoming Safety Boat Operator Courses
Courses are scheduled based on registered interest. To register your interest please email our training department.
|AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT REGISTRATIONS|
To make a course booking, please use the ‘Book Now’ button to register. This will take you to our Australian Sailing (AS) course registration page. Australian Sailing is the national body for the sport of sailing and Hillarys Yacht Club is a registered Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre.
Club Members will need to login to their AS profile to receive the Member’s discount.