Created in 2008 to raise the standard of racing and competition between two local sailing clubs, the North Coast Series sees crews from Hillarys Yacht Club and Ocean Reef Sea Sports Club race against each other in a series of five races per season. Sailed on the waters at Mullaloo Bay, the results are celebrated afterwards at the hosting club, with the winning club being presented with the Season Trophy on the last race day.
Crews can opt to sail in just one race but encouraged to sail in all five. Each race day will consist of two races sailed on a windward-leeward course. Races will be of 30-60 min duration and the number of races completed will be subject to prevailing wind conditions.
Hillarys Yacht Club currently hold the North Coast Trophy after a narrow win during the 2017/18 season.
2018/19 race dates
- Race day 1: 10am - Sunday 28th October 2018 Hosted by ORSSC
- Race day 2: 10am – Sunday 18th November 2018 Hosted by HYC
- Race day 3: 10am – Sunday 13th January 2019 Hosted by ORSSC
- Race day 4: 10am - Sunday 10th March 2019 Hosted by HYC
- Race day 5: 10am – Sunday 7th April 2019 Hosted by ORSSC