Hillarys Yacht Club offers the best of the best when it comes to activities on and off the water for you and your family and a range of membership options are available to suit everyone. Since forming in 1986 the Club has always prided itself on and has maintained its relaxed and informal atmosphere, whether it’s taking part in a water sport, attending any of the Club’s social activities or just enjoying the ocean views on a summer’s afternoon from the Club’s verandah or the back of your boat. The annual renewal of membership is on the 1st of May each year.
The following benefits are offered to you as a full member:
- BAR & RESTAURANT – Boasting some of Perth’s premier ocean views our restaurants and bars create a captivating and relaxed atmosphere for those who just want to be enthralled by the best dining experience in town. Regular dinner specials, discounted beverage prices and exclusive members bar
- MEMBER LOYALTY REWARDS – Get rewarded for simply dining or having a few drinks at Hillarys Yacht Club.
- SOCIAL – A social calendar which promises fantastic events all year round. New Year’s Eve, balls, dances, games evenings, Melbourne Cup luncheon
- FUNCTIONS – Clubhouse is available to members for private functions including weddings, birthdays, reunions and business meetings. Members receive their annual membership fee amount (up to $738) off room hire (1 per membership year). Click here for Functions information
- CLUB BOAT – “Mirage” or “Balaton Jack” is available for members’ use for diving, fishing & sailing events
- MOORINGS – The Club offers pens for rent and medium/long term leasing. (waitlist closed)
- DISCOUNTED TRAINING COURSES – Training courses including RST, sailing, helming, crewing, radio, first aid as well as junior school holiday programs
- MARINA LIFTING SERVICES – Four free hardstand days per year plus discounts on selected services
- RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIPS AT:
- DISCOUNTS AND MEMBER BENEFTIS at Joondalup Resort & Country Club through our Reciprocal Agreement.
- AN OPPORTUNITY TO MEET NEW PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS
- FREE WIFI
- BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
- SECURE PARKING
Ordinary members are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise the Club amenities. Ordinary members have voting rights.
A member who is a Western Australia Senior Card holder and includes the spouse/partner of the member. Senior Members are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise Club amenities. Senior Members have voting rights.
A registered company or business which nominates an individual of the company or business as the Corporate Member. Corporate Members are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise the Club amenities. Corporate members have voting rights.
A member who is 30 years of age or under. Transitional Members are able to spread payment of their nomination fee over a period of 5 years and are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise the Club amenities. Transitional Members are not entitled to vote.
The parent or guardian of a Junior Member where both the parent or guardian and Junior member are actively involved in a section of the Club and includes the spouse or partner of the parent or guardian. Associate Members are only entitled to participate in the activities of the Section of the Club in which the Junior member participates and are entitled to utilise Club amenities. Associate Members are not entitled to vote at General Meetings.
Members over the age of 18 years and who are full time students at a tertiary institution. Student Members are entitled to participate in all the activities of the Club and to utilise the Club amenities. Student Members are not entitled to vote.
Persons under the age of 18 years who may be elected by the Management Committee. Junior Members are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise Club amenities. Junior Members are not entitled to vote.
A person nominated by the Skipper of the Vessel in which he periodically competes in Club events and such nomination being seconded by the Rear Commodore of the relevant section. Crewing Members are entitled to participate in activities of the relevant section only. Crewing Members are not entitled to attend or vote at General Meetings.
Members whose usual place of residence is not less than one hundred kilometres from the Club premises by the shortest route. Country members are entitled to participate in all activities of the Club and to utilise Club amenities. Country Members are not entitled to vote at General Meetings.
Members of other Aquatic Sports Clubs who are elected by the Management Committee. Reciprocal Members are entitled to participate in activities of the Club and to utilise Club amenities.
Temporary Members are those who are granted access to the Club’s licenced facilities for the purpose of a function/event or to explore the facilities with the intention of then becoming a full member.
The following membership fees are applicable for the period 1st May 2020 – 30th April 2021 (pro rata is not applicable to crew memberships)
|Membership Category||Nomination Fee||Annual Membership Fee|
|Senior||$1,538||$577 (WA seniors card to be presented)|
Food & Beverage Levy
As a part of the membership with Hillarys Yacht Club there is a food and beverage levy. This was approved by the members at the Annual General Meeting on 1st June 2001 and came into effect on 1st August 2001. The current levy is $548 per annum. The food and beverage levy applies to ordinary, senior citizen and corporate members only.
Accounts are invoiced quarterly:
Once the $137 has been paid, this amount will be available from your membership swipe card to spend at the Club on food and beverage.
Food and beverage levies expire bi-annually at the end of October and April. Any promotional levy money not spent within the timeframe will be invalid. The levy will not be redeemable for cash.
Member Loyalty Rewards
It’s always been true that the more a member attends Hillarys Yacht Club, the more they benefit. Well now it’s even better with our Member Loyalty Reward scheme. Get rewarded with free beverage vouchers just for dining or having a few drinks at HYC!
Simply use your Membership Card while enjoying any drinks or meals at HYC and build drinks vouchers to spend in the next quarter! Rewards begin when you spend more than your food and beverage levy in each quarterly period of the Club’s year, and increase with the amount you spend when you attend the club:
Level 1: Receive beverage voucher to the value of $5
Level 2: Receive beverage vouchers to the value of $15
Level 3: Receive beverage vouchers to the value of $30
Level 4: Receive beverage vouchers to the value of $45 You MUST have your Membership Card to register rewards!
Vouchers can be redeemed immediately and are valid until the end of the following quarter in which they were earned!