A keelboat is a small to mid-sized recreational sailing yacht.
Start Crewing & Helming
This course develops both your theory and practical skills to confidently crew on a yacht and take control on the helm.
- Prepare sails and rigging, correct use of halyards, sheets and deck hardware.
- Skills and techniques; helm and trim sails; tack and gybe, heave-to; effect of heel and trim; anchoring.
- Recover a man overboard under sail.
- Correct operation of safety equipment.
- Weather and the environment.
Upcoming Crewing & Helming Courses
Sunday, 02nd May 2021
02nd May 2021
@ 08:30 AM
- Sunday 2nd May, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday 8th May, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday 15th May, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Sunday 16th May, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Members Price: $330.00
Places available: 0
This course introduces you to the fun and challenge of using symmetrical spinnakers. You’ll learn how to rig, hoist, fly, gybe, drop and pack a symmetrical and asymmetrical spinnaker. Attendees are expected to have completed the Start Helming Course or have previous sailing experience.