A keelboat is a small to mid-sized recreational sailing yacht.
Start Crewing & Helming
This course develops both your theory and practical skills to confidently crew on a yacht and take control on the helm.
- Prepare sails and rigging, correct use of halyards, sheets and deck hardware.
- Skills and techniques; helm and trim sails; tack and gybe, heave-to; effect of heel and trim; anchoring.
- Recover a man overboard under sail.
- Correct operation of safety equipment.
- Weather and the environment.
Upcoming Crewing & Helming Courses
Sat 7 May 2022 - Sat 21 May 2022
- Saturday 7th May, 08:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday 14th May, 08:30 pm – 12:30 pm
- Sunday 15th May, 08:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Saturday 21st May, 08:30 am – 12:30 pm
Members Price: $330.00
This course introduces you to the fun and challenge of using symmetrical spinnakers. You’ll learn how to rig, hoist, fly, gybe, drop and pack a symmetrical spinnaker. Attendees are expected to have completed the Start Helming Course or have previous sailing experience.
Upcoming Spinnakers Courses
|AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT REGISTRATIONS|
To make a course booking, please use the ‘Book Now’ button to register. This will take you to our Australian Sailing (AS) course registration page. Australian Sailing is the national body for the sport of sailing and Hillarys Yacht Club is a registered Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre.
You will need to know the Australian Sailing (AS) number of the sailor participating in the course in order to register that person, or you can create a profile for a new sailor. This profile and number are a unique identifier and stores course information for future reference, accessible by yourself and your registered club. It is important that the AS number is created for the person doing the course with their own name and details as they will keep this number for the lifetime of their journey in the sport of sailing.